Consumer participation is a key area of focus as evidence has shown that active consumer participation leads to more accessible and effective health services.
Consumer participation is a dynamic process, with varying levels of engagement which includes the consumer:
- Receiving information
- Being consulted
- Providing advice
- Being involved in joint planning
- Having delegated control
- Having full control
Community of interest:
- A community of interest group has been established to share health literacy and consumer engagement practice amongst member agency peers. This group creates a supportive environment for member agency staff to innovate and celebrate achievements.
- The peers meet face-to-face four times a year, or via Basecamp an online information portal.
- To become a member of the Community of Interest or Basecamp – Contact SWPCP
Health Issues Centre is the only accredited Consumer Participation training agency in Victoria.
SWPCP is working in partnership with the Health Issues Centre to provide our members with workshops, training, and resources which includes:
- The Consumer Participation training workbook – Contact SWPCP
- Membership Information – more info here
- Course in Consumer Leadership – more info here
- Graduate Certificate in Consumer and Community Engagement – more info here